How to change an Instagram user name
How to change an Instagram user name
You can change your NAME or USERNAME within the ‘edit profile’ section of the Instagram app. View your profile and then click ‘edit profile’
Your NAME is what displays first right under your profile pic. Your USERNAME is your instagram handle — the ‘@’
Yes, there is a way to change your Instagram account name.
To update your profile information, including your username and email address associated with your account:
Change the User Name in the INSTAGRAM Mobile APP
From the mobile app, navigate to the profile tab (the bottom right tab that has an icon that looks like a person) and click “Edit Your Profile”.
The second field should be your username. Change it, and then hit the blue button with a white checkmark in the upper right-hand corner.
First, log in to your Instagram account on the Mobile or Android app. If you have many accounts, double-check that you’re logged in to the one you are trying to change the user name.
Follow Step By Step
- Start the Instagram app.
- Tap your account icon in the bottom right of the screen to go to your profile page.
- To change your name, tap “Edit Profile” on the profile page.
- If you have more than one account configured in the app, tap the account name at the top of the screen and choose the account you want to change.
- Tap “Edit Profile.”
- On the Edit Profile page, tap the field next to Name or Username and type your changes. When you’re ready t”o save your changes, tap “Done.”
Some profile information isn’t visible to anyone but you. This includes your email address, phone number, and gender.
It might have happened to many of us that we have decided to change our Instagram name or username for various reasons.
You might want to totally change your account’s content and devote your page to your photography as an artist and your previous Instagram username just does not suit this purpose.
Changing your Instagram username has a very easy procedure and by following only a few steps you can easily change your name on Instagram. Just do as said below:
According to Instagram Help Page
If you’re not yet ready to take the dive and change your Instagram username, try experimenting with a new display name first.
Here’s how to change your display name on Instagram:
- Go to your profile.
- Press the Edit Profile button underneath your profile picture.
- Now, Press on your name.
- Press the X button on the far right to clear your name.
- Type in your new name.
- Press the Done option in the top right corner.
Well changing Instagram usernames is not a hard thing, you can just go to settings and change it to whatever you like.
However, I recommend you to use a tool like Instagram Username Checker to search that your desired name is available or not. This tool will let you know about others too.
Why can’t I change my Instagram user name?
There is no limit for how many time you change your username but it will be hard for followers who follow you and new followers search or find your username/display name/screen name/Instagram handle.
Maybe the username that you choose exits on Instagram. you should choose the username that it does not exist on Instagram. so try again.
Instagram lets you change your username whenever you like. If you are not able to do so, maybe you are blocked from doing this as you might try too many times. If not, then wait and try again after 24–48 hours.
Instagram allows you to change your username in the account settings. Click the person icon on the bottom right of your IG screen.
Click edit profile on the top of the screen, in the middle. The second line is your username, simply delete the old name and enter your preferred new one.
- More than likely you’re trying to use a name that’s already in use.
- Instagram allows you to change your username in the account settings.
- Click the person icon on the bottom right of your IG screen.
- Click edit profile on the top of the screen, in the middle.
- The second line is your username, simply delete the old name and enter your preferred new one.
- If it doesn’t let you you’re either violating terms of service by using a name that’s not allowed OR you’ve entered a name in use by someone else.
- Click Save to make any changes and that’s it.
If you edit your username and still see your old username within the app, you’re likely experiencing a caching issue. Instagram cache certain images and text to make the app run faster.
Keep in mind that you’re the only person seeing your old, cached username. Eventually, your old username will be cleared out of our system.
If you’d like the old username to disappear immediately, you can uninstall and reinstall the app to clear your cache.
Change the User Name on Laptop or Computer
If you prefer, you can change your username with the desktop version of Instagram.
- In a new web browser, write Instagram.com
- If you are already logged in, then you’ll be prompted to continue with your account.
- If you’re not already logged in, enter your username and password.
- Tap your profile icon on the right side of the homepage.
- Click on Edit Profile option next to your username
It’s possible. If you change your username, it will make your former username available. With the rise of bots and companies selling usernames for profit, it’s very possible that your username could be swept up as soon as the username becomes available. It’s most likely not going to happen, but it does happen to some people.
Don’t be scared, though. I’ve done the same thing, giving my other accounts my usernames. It always went well.
Unfortunately, you can only remove your name but cannot change it more than twice within 14 days as per the current guidelines of Instagram. This is due to the newly trending name change prank on Instagram.
There seems to be no limitation on changing username on Instagram. But, changing the account/profile name does have a limit on this social media platform.
you can only change your name twice in 14 days. On Facebook, it can take 90 days to change twice.